Sunday, May 10, 2009

Some of the Reasons I Love Edwardsville!

Ah, I LOVE this time of year! It seems like the cold winter season went on and on this year, but alas, spring has arrived! In our front yard we have two of these awesome trees, called Pin Oaks. These trees hang onto their leaves for what seems like the longest time.
This picture was taken on March 17th.
This picture was taken on April 20th, just over 4 weeks later. The dead leaves are just about gone!
This one was taken this morning...8 weeks after March 17th. Isn't that amazing - the transformation! I love watching this!
I think the flora and fauna in our area loved the abundance of rain we have had this year! The dogwoods were incredible. This one is not far from our house, it is shaped so nicely. I kept forgetting to snap a picture as I drove by...this is just about at the end of it's blooming. So pretty!
Right up there with my favorite flower (gardenias!) are lilacs. The scent is amazing! Yummmm!
I am so grateful for the abundance of beauties that exist all around us. How lucky we are!

4 comments:

momilee said...

the flowers are beautiful. Thanks so much for the post ~~ Marilee

Porter Family said...

I love walking/walking faster on the trail and smelling the honeysuckle and lilacs. :) We love having you in Edwardsville. Good job on the lesson today!

Susan Anderson said...

I LOVE lilacs. And dogwoods. Great pics.

=)

PS. Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words...

And I Think to Myself.....What a Wonderful World! said...

the colors are incredible! We sure dont get the changes of the seasons here in southern California, so looking at this is almost just as good! Thanks for posting the trees and the different stages they go through.