Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Party Hearty in the Bowerman's Flower Beds!

Monday I worked and worked and worked in the yard. Things are starting to look super nice. Lots of the perennials I planted last year are back and looking beautiful. And then I went out yesterday to do some more bedding work and couldn't believe my eyes! More than half of what I have planted and coaxed along were gone, pulled up, nibbled on, discarded in the grass! I was really astounded. The more I looked around, the more damage I saw...a tad bit depressing. The nerve...
Some creature, I think it's the deer, like tulips...
And I think it's the deer that nibbled the tops off these hostas! Bunnies must have attacked the Johnny Jump-ups, Geraniums, and Columbine...they pulled them out and tossed them on the grass. Hey, but they left Johnny Jump-ups that are growing in the cracks of the driveway alone...how kind...
Geez, I wonder what I'll find this morning when I head out there. Alas, the weather has been perfect to work in the yard and I need to get on top of it all!!

1 comment:

Katie and joe said...

awwww... hope no one eats my plants!