Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lindsay, You Can Do It!!

That I really, really enjoy tennis is a slight understatement. One of the people that I have enjoyed watching over the years is Lindsay Davenport. Maybe because her first name is "Lindsay" and her last name is "Davenport" (Rich's mother's maiden name) or maybe not. Maybe because she's from Newport Beach and I love going to Newport Beach. Actually, she's just a "class act". I love the stories of "older" women still being at the top of their game. That Dana Torres gal was incredible in her sport of swimming at the Olympics. Here's a picture of Lindsay playing tonight in her 17th U.S. Open. Wow!
First lesson of tennis...keep your eye on the ball! (And make funny faces while you do so!) I would absolutely HATE to see pictures of what I look like playing.

She always has an incredible smile, happy to be part of the sport! And the best part...she took some time off to become a mom last year and has been able to work her way back into shape well enough to play at her level again. I don't discount that she probably has her fair share of help with the little guy, but it's clear that her family is top priority. I've heard her say so over and over. You go girl!! An inspiration to all of us "wanna-bes".
And so Andy Roddick is playing now...just hit a serve at 147 mph. Do you have any idea how fast that really is???? Can you even see the ball when it's going that fast?

1 comment:

Heather Ridge said...

You are so funny! My brother-in-law Paul is a tennis fanatic and got the rest of my family into tennis. He actually played professionally and taught lessons for a while, didn't get on the big stage though. My neice Mckenzie is awesome, she just started 10th grade and is on a National team and ranked #1 I think in her age in Utah. I on the otherhand am pathetic and probably make some seriously scary faces while playing. hahaha!