Sunday, February 1, 2009

Liquid Gold Is Pretty Good, Sweet Baby Claire Is The BEST!

Ah, pictures I've been waiting for! My sweet friend Katharine did these infant pictures of Claire back in November. I've been anxiously waiting to see them because I knew they would be wonderful. Claire has changed so much already, but oh, I remember this, I remember this! Is there anything more precious than an infant...I think not!
Snow finally arrived in Edwardsville this week! We woke up Wednesday morning to about 7 inches of the beautiful fluffy stuff! It would have been perfect for skiing...super powdery! Too bad we're in Illinois! Out of desperation to see something pretty I had bought some flowers this week for my kitchen window. Tulips and snow...a wonderful combination!
Sarah and I really did try to make a snowman, but it just didn't work. But snow angels, those are different story. We had a little snow "fight" after she made her snow angel...I won!
I love this picture of Lindsay...I can so see it happening! She worked so hard preparing for the show Pebbles did in California this past week. Apparently the background was supposed to say "moments" instead of "memories". They both work fine I think. I am so proud of Lindsay. The show went well and their booth was a hit. I've told her all along how talented I knew she was, but how fun to hear it from someone else that really matters. Not that I don't matter...


This week I made my Chicken Pot Pie. For some reason Rich and Sarah just raved and raved about it. I'm quite sure that I didn't do anything different, but it just seemed to hit the spot with both of them. This is THE easiest recipe ever...
1 Pillsbury Pie Crust
1 Cup or so of shredded cooked chicken
1 Can of Cream of Potato soup
1 Can of Cream of Chicken soup
1 bag of frozen vegetables...my family prefers the corn, green bean, carrot mixture (NO lima beans allowed!)
Mix together, put in pie crust, put 2nd layer of pie crust on top, bake at 375 til done - 30-45 minutes or so.
Last week I thought to myself, "I know I'd feel so much better if I just had some fresh squeezed orange juice." And then I realized that our yearly installment of oranges that my sister Sally always sends in January had not arrived yet, and I wondered if they were coming. Sure enough they arrived on Friday. Yippee! We call the juice "Liquid Gold"...it is SO good. These oranges are straight from the groves in Mesa, Arizona. You can see that the box is already half empty. Thank you, thank you, thank you sister Sally! You made my week and I feel better already!
















2 comments:

Porter Family said...

That orange juice was PHENOMENAL!!! Thanks for sharing with me. Thanks for coming over this morning and cleaning the carpet. I don't know what I'd do without you. You're even more phenomenal than the orange juice. :) Love ya.

Katie and joe said...

i want some oranges. pretty please? i really could use some good ones right about now.