Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Utah Trip, April 2009, Part 1

Last week Sarah and I made a "not-so-much-of-a-surprise" trip to Utah for Sarah's Spring Break. We arrived on Marshall's 19th birthday and tried to surprise him, but we had apparently slipped up one too many times and he kind of had it figured out...oh well! Here's the group at Tucano's in the Riverbottoms area in Provo celebrating Marshall's birthday...love that place! Only wish Rich had been able to be with us...we appreciate his hard work more than ever!
I look at this group and have to admit I get a little teary-eyed! They all make me so happy. I am SO pleased with all that is going on in their lives. Chris is doing his best to be a successful student at ITT Tech, plus work full-time. I am amazed at Lindsay's creativity...I shouldn't be...she puts out some really cute designs at her job at Pebbles! Katie and Joseph are both working and going to school now, making hard decisions and raising the cutest grandbaby in the world. Marshall is finishing up his freshman year at the "Y" and his mission papers are in...we'll be posting about that pretty soon! Can't wait to see where he gets to spend the next 2 years! Sarah misses being around her siblings a lot, but somebody has to keep her parents company, and she fills that role quite nicely. She's an excellent student and musician. They all have wonderful, growing testimonies of the gospel, they keep the commandments, they serve in their wards, they love the scriptures, and they are worthy to be in the temple. What more could I ask for from my kids? Thanks a million...you're the best!
OK, so this isn't the greatest picture of Lindsay Lu, but it captures how I see Claire really well. Miss Smiley! There's just a tint of redness to Claire's hair...maybe strawberry-blond. Lindsay continues to be Katie's greatest asset in raising Claire...so glad she's there close by to be such a great support.
Claire Bear loves, loves, loves the lemons!
Showing off my cute Easter dress and bow!
Happy Easter from the Brewer Family...all so perfectly coordinated! OK, so this wasn't really planned, it just happened. Too fun!

5 comments:

Porter Family said...

I was about to leave a comment about how completely ADORABLE Claire's dress is, then I noticed how the Brewers all match and are cutesy-cute. You just can't plan stuff like that! :) Seriously, though, that dress is gorgeous, and Claire is beautiful! Glad you had fun!

The Grahams said...

You really do have some good kids there! Glad to know they are all doing so well! Claire is the cutest and I just LOVE her cute little Easter dress!

Laura said...

A beautiful family Lisa! You sure do "make" cute kiddos and grandbabies!

" I Love My Life!" said...

Oh Lisa, I echo your words! I too am so proud of the great young adults your children have become.
Im so touched.
I remember the 1st time we met, it was in the hallway next to the Relief Society room, you had these delicate ruby or garnet earings in your ear,...you looked so pretty to me. The next day I came over and took all of your kids and brought them over to my house so you could unpack. That was the start of my loving your kids, and now just look at them!
okay now i am crying..sheesh.
Love you always
Katie

Mom and Sarah said...

Katie, Katie, Katie...I remember that day, too!