Friday, October 24, 2008

Congratulations Sarah Bear!

I was walking around an antique mall here in the Provo area today with Katie and I got this phone call from Sarah. It sounded like she was crying and I all of sudden became very worried. She was finally able to say, "I made 2nd chair in Symphonic Band!" This is something she has worried about and worked very hard for. Hard work pays off! Yeah Sarah! The rest of this year is going to be very fun and challenging at the same time. Oh yeah, and just in case you're looking for a fantastic (and I mean fantastic!) flute teacher, Heather Porter is the best! She has been such an encouragement to Sarah. Sarah looks forward to having her lessons and always wants to do her best for Heather. When you inspire your students to want to achieve their very best, you're doing something right as a teacher! Thank you so much...you can never have too many positive role models for your children.

P.S. The contest continues...Claire is looking a little too comfortable inside Katie. Maybe the excitement of a BYU football game taking place in Provo tomorrow will inspire her to get with the program!

1 comment:

Porter Family said...

I nearly cried when she told me! I love teaching her. She's a great student, and her hard work and all the nagging really paid off! :) I can't wait to go to the concerts!