Thursday, December 4, 2008

Bluebell's Birthday!!

This post may seem a little odd. Actually, I've been waiting to do this for some time. As you can see, good 'ole Bluebell (that would be my 02 Ford Explorer) reached a milestone recently...100,000 miles! The origin of Bluebell's name...she's (yes, she!) blue and she came to our family when we lived in Bellingham, Washington. Seemed like a logical name.
I just wanted to express how grateful I am for a dependable car. Bluebell has seen a lot of the country. She was owned by someone that drove her across Canada several times before coming to our house. She's gone up and down the western coastline several times. She's explored (ha, ha - note the play on words!) lots of the mid-west and made a trip to the east coast.
I was thinking about Bluebell today. We've traveled through a lot of "life" together. She's probably heard me talk to myself way more than even Oreo has. She's definitely heard me sing louder than anyone else. Imagine this...she loves all the same music that I do! And she doesn't even care how loud it is. She's dealt with my frustrations, complaints and total happiness. She doesn't mind at all how I look when I need to go some where. In other words, she's seen me at my best and worst and she still starts. She's endured being hit a few times, and even hitting a few things (trees, turkeys, etc.). She's helped two teenagers learn to drive, and that will soon be three...so sorry girlfriend. Thank you Bluebell for being so dependable, comfortable, and just the right size. At a time when those all around us are concerned (rightfully so) about gas mileage, etc., I'm happy with the 25 mpg you still produce. I don't remember the exact day you arrived at 4505 Parkhurst Drive, but I do know that it was in December. So Happy Birthday! And please, keep up the good work!

3 comments:

Porter Family said...

Awwww. I was hoping you'd mention the turkey. Congrats on the 100000 mile mark.

Heather Ridge said...

HAHA, that is hilarious. I am afraid we passed the 100000 mile mark on our car about 35000 miles ago. I know our car has heard and seen a lot in it short life span with us so far....Let's give a shout out to dependable cars. YAHOO!

The Real Sugarbear said...

After such a great tribute I don't see how you could even think of selling her. You'll just have to keep her for another 100k. Not to worry though, I'm not nearly as attached to my car and will have no problemo in trading (him) in.