Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Back to Mother's Day

I meant to write something about my mother when I was last updating. This is a picture of Mary Elizabeth Beesley, my mom! This picture was taken in 1937 when she would have been about 19. My mom was known as "Betty" to family and friends, except to my dad who called her "Liz". She was an incredibly talented and resourceful woman. I believe that the outfit she is wearing, at least the jacket, was made from some velvet curtains that were removed from a church building. I miss my mom. She passed away just over 9 years ago. Those of you who still have "mom" around to talk to, count your blessings. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to talk to my mom and tell her once again how much I love her, appreciate her, and listen to her insight. Make sure your mom knows just how much you care. I could write tons more about her.