Wednesday, May 28, 2008

One of the BEST parts of Summer!

OK, so I admit it...I'm a huge tennis fan...I love to watch and I love to play! I started playing again about 8 years ago when we were living in Bellingham, WA. We had a great indoor facility. In Edwardsville it's a year-round activity also. We have an awesome 5 court facility at our fairly new YMCA and then there's plenty of outdoor courts for summer play. Fortunately, too, it's a sport that Sarah enjoys as much as I do...we'll be out there a lot this summer. I have always had the privilege of meeting lots of fantastic and fun women in this sport. It is as much a social event as it is a physical event when we get together to play. By this stage of the game the "competitiveness" has mostly worn off and it's more about having fun and encouraging each other to do our best. To me there's hardly anything that relieves stress as much as hitting a tennis ball just right! Hope to be able to play a long time. I play with several women that are well over 60 and they are amazing to me. So, there's plenty to watch during the summer. Right now it's The French Open (May 25th till June 8th)...then it's Wimbledon...then it's The US Open. Too fun!





3 comments:

Porter Family said...

Yea! You did it! The pictures are hard. I love knowing that there is a 99% chance when I come over to your house that tennis will be on. You are inspirational! :)

LinnieBell said...

don't try watching anything at the bowerman house else when it's tennis season! mom's the queen of the remote 24 hours a day! :)

Katie and joe said...

you and your tennis.....