Sunday, May 11, 2008

Fun week in Utah!



I got to go to Women's Conference in Provo on May 1st and 2nd. I met my good friend from Southern California, Jennifer. We had so much fun together. Great classes and 22,000 women...way too fun! We were pretty tired after very having had very little sleep over the previous 48 hours and running from one end of the campus to the other.
While on BYU campus we went over to the art building where there was a display of Minerva Teichert paintings. I was amazed to see a painting she had done of The Beesley Pioneer Band. Ebenezer Beesley was my great-great grandfather.
This is a description of the painting.
My sister Becky in Salt Lake is always doing crazy things, so Lindsay and I weren't surprised when we drove up and saw flamingos all over her yard. However, this was kind of cruel. She had been "flocked", and in order for them to be removed she had to pay $25 and designate the next house she thought they should go to. Some fundraiser...
The last night I was there I had dinner with two cousins from the Salt Lake area that I haven't seen for quite some time. They are standing in the back and my sister Trish is between Lindsay and I. We had a great time together...so fun to see family.

1 comment:

Porter Family said...

I'm glad you had a great time with everyone! We missed you here. Did Lindsay happen to crash her new bike in Costco? :)