Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Miscellaneous Updates

Just a few miscellaneous updates on the family...here's a picture from Marshall's Seminary Graduation. Way to go Marshall! That's a great accomplishment...getting up early and to church by 6:15 a.m. all the way through high school. The Bowerman kids have been very blessed to have such good and dedicated teachers. Trent Sever, Bishop Coleman, Courtney Foust, Alec Raymond, and Dustan Barnard are shown with Marshall.

Marshall gave a talk at church on Sunday. He expounded on his favorite scripture, which is Jacob 6:12. Not sure if it's his favorite because it is so short or what. "O be wise; what can I say more?" Rich and I just looked at each other wondering how he was going to pull this one off, but he did an exceptional job. Sarah added a wonderful touch to the meeting also. She played a flute solo, "Love At Home", and I accompanied her. She's been working on this particular piece with Heather for quite some time. I'm amazed at how easy it seems for my kids to perform in public. It is very difficult for me to play when people are listening, especially a solo. I force myself to do it and it never gets easier. I've tried every trick in the book, but the fingers get cold and shake, my stomach hurts, and it goes on and on.

Marshall's last day of school was last Friday. He had worn himself out and was pretty sick by Friday with a cold that is still hanging on. He slept a lot this weekend, went to a party (of course), and worked a couple of shifts. The theater was busy with the opening of the Indiana Jones movie. Sarah's last day isn't until June 2nd, a Monday. How cruel is that??!!

We were supposed to have a "gorgeous" weekend over Memorial Day, but it rained and stormed and rained and stormed and rained and stormed. "Stormed" is my word, I guess, for lightning and thunder. As much as I don't like bad storms, Oreo has an even more difficult time. Poor thing just shakes for hours on end. Nevertheless, we have not had to endure the very difficult situaitons that Mother Nature can be known for. Even with the bad weather Rich was able to BBQ twice...love it! The bike ride on our new bikes will have to wait for later this week, though.

OK, that's enough for one day!

2 comments:

Porter Family said...

Sarah, I was so proud of you!! :) You worked really hard on that piece. Bud leaned over to me and said, "Man, she did a good job. That was a difficult piece." So even he was impressed. You are a phenomenal student!

LinnieBell said...

WHAT????? You guys got new bikes, too???