Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Fathers in my Life

This is my dad in 1939...is he dashingly handsome or what?? It's hard to know where to begin to describe my dad. He was incredibly intelligent, such a talented and hard worker, and showed such patience in all of his afflictions. Talk about enduring to the end - that was my dad. Not one to carry on lengthy discussions, nevertheless I do so miss hearing his voice. "It's ok, it's all going to be ok."
My mom and dad in 1991. So glad my sister Sally managed to get this picture taken. Such a good picture of my dad's quirky little smile.

I love this picture of Rich, also dashingly handsome in my book! He's been such a good father to his children, in spite of the fact (or maybe because of it) that he did not have too many great examples in his young life. He is a wonderful example of overcoming the odds. He is incredibly intelligent also, like my dad. He loves the gospel and understands it so well. I love listening to him teach on Sundays. I hope that one day he will find himself in a classroom full time. I know that he'd love it and his students would love him. I think that one thing our children appreciate about their dad is his sense of humor...it keeps all of us on our toes. He is so supportive of all that any of the kids (and me) want to do and try to be. Love ya!


1 comment:

LinnieBell said...

Such studly men! I've always loved those pictures of grandpa and dad!