Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's Been Busy, But Fun!

Today we went to church at the chapel in College Park that my dad helped to build, which was dedicated I think in 1961. It's been about 32 years since I've been there. I can hardly begin to describe how fun it was to walk those halls again. It's definitely a unique design, different than any of the current newer building designs that the church uses. It has gone through some revisions over the years, but basically it is the same. The ceiling in the chapel is so pretty and seemed so high. I can hardly imagine how many hours were spent by early church members in this area erecting this building. It was just fun being there and reminiscing.

The view from Katie and Joseph's apartment window...how cool is that?

So admittedly Joseph is sticking his stomach out a little and arching his back, but this was pretty funny. Katie is looking so cute. We bought a few maternity clothes yesterday...that's always fun. Something new to wear when you're pregnant is like manna from heaven. Yesterday while we were out and about she had two total strangers tell her that she would be having a girl. We get to find out on Wednesday and can't wait. We spent Sacrament Meeting today writing down names, crossing them off, and coming up with good combinations. Katie wants me to commit to what I think "it" is. I can't say, I'm just excited, and I'm okay with any name they choose as long as it is spelled correctly and is not too "out there". It was fun last night to relax beside her and feel him/her kicking around.

So yesterday after doing some shopping we drove to my "old" neighborhood to check things out. Wow, how is it that everything seemed so much bigger and further apart than it really was? No wonder my mom didn't worry about us playing in the woods...they were right there! This is the bus stop that I walked to and from more often than I can remember. I was telling the girls how I would stand behind this sign coloring or doing my homework, waiting endlessly for the bus.

After Hershey we met my sister Sharon and her husband in the Lancaster area to do some "antiquing". This was Sarah's first experience with this fine activity. It involves a lot of walking and looking and bargaining. She wasn't all too excited at first, but when she decided on a particular dish color and pattern that she liked the attitude changed considerably! She was finding the "aquamarine swirl" stuff everywhere, comparing prices, and finding the best deal. She's off to a good start. Stopped in a booth to try on one of many old hats we saw.

Ah, before we left town we went over to Kirstin's house to celebrate Heather's birthday. I think Heather's best birthday present happened later in the week when they found out that Justin got the job he'd been interviewing for. So exciting! Nothing like that first "real" job...and the best part is they are staying put. Yahoo! Heather made her own birthday cake...it was this lime/raspberry creation that was SO yummy...need that recipe!





1 comment:

timpani76 said...

Katie's looks so cute! She looks like the quintessential "glowing" pregnant lady!