Sunday, June 8, 2008

Not Even Tornado Sirens Could Stop Us!!


OK, We were just a little determined to go to our dinner and show that had been planned for a week. It was to be a surprise for Heather. However, Katharine took care of that one...while talking to a friend on the phone shortly after we were on our way, she happened to mention, "Yea, I'm on my way to dinner with my girlfriends and then to see Mamma Mia." And then she realized what she had done and we all had a good laugh about that one. It had been pouring down rain a good part of the afternoon with watches all over the place. Our tornado sirens were even going off. I'm a real whimp in these situations, but also really wanted to go, so I showed the brave side and off we went. I think we had missed the worst of it in St. Louis, so we had it good afterall. Sign post on side of road...weather looking questionable?


Kirstin Lindsay, Heather Porter, Lisa, and Katharine LeCheminant...well, they all have birthdays fairly close together (not Lisa) so we needed to do something extra special, especially since Katharine will be leaving us sooon...so, so, sad, but exciting, too! We held the dancing to a minimum. The St. Louis crowd was probably a bit more subdued than NYC. Too much fun, though! Thanks for going gals!

3 comments:

" I Love My Life!" said...

Hi Lisa...Whoa your brave!
A tornado??? but hey, getting out and having some girlfriend fun is worth the risk huh? (smile)
Im so glad you let me know you now have a blog...
we can keep in touch with pictures and words!
By the way..YOU LOOK GREAT!
so pretty!
love ya
Katie

Porter Family said...

Tornado siren, bring it on!! I loved the show! You are the best. Love ya!

jon and kir said...

SOOOOOOOOOO much fun!!! I am definetly up for doing that again!!