Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer Fun!

Sarah and Mom on our new bikes! We've had lots of fun riding the trails around the area. It is beautiful right now. The honeysuckle smells so sweet and the birds make such fun noise. Just make sure to wear glasses and keep your mouth closed...there are definately bugs out there. Of course our bikes have names...Mom's bike is named "The Ghost" and Sarah's bike is named "Quicksilver", not "Quiksilver". Mom's computer is affectionately named "Alice", a name my mother always wanted to use on one of her 5 daughters, but never got to. My blue Explorer is named "Bluebell" since it is blue and "she" came into our family when we lived in Bellingham. Thinking of naming my new red vacuum "Ruby". Speaking of Bluebell...back in May, the first day of turkey hunting season, I was driving on the freeway towards St. Louis, going about 65 mph. From out of nowhere comes this turkey. All I could think of was, "Please don't hit my windshield that just got replaced!" Well, it didn't, but hit the front grill instead. For the record, the windshield would have been much cheaper to replace.

This week Sarah and Mom are preparing for our Road Trip to the East Coast...too fun! We'll make sure to send lots of pictures.

3 comments:

Renae said...

Hey, just "spying back!" So how come I'm not a friend?!! ;) I know, it's my horrible B.O. isn't it? Or maybe it's the armpit hair. The time I threw a turkey at Bluebell? I just don't know. Well have a great one!

Mom and Sarah said...

Renae...I'm still just figuring this all out, very slowly, obviously. I believe you're on there now! Your posts are always so entertaining, I must say. Question...if Chloe walked 5.5 miles, that means you did, too! How on earth do you do that when you're about to deliver a baby???? Amazing. Lisa

Renae said...

I was just kidding about the link thing! If you'll notice, I don't have a huge link list on mine. No particular reason, I just never felt like naming everyone that I read.

Um, yes, I did walk that, but I didn't do it at a rip-roaring pace. No biggy.