Sunday, November 9, 2008

Feeling Immense Gratitude Tonight

So the love of my life gave me a little scare this week. Actually, a big scare. For all of the details, check out Rich's blog. The link is to the right, titled Rich's Ramblings. Suffice it to say, at least the man hasn't lost his sense of humor! Looking back on the previous week I can only say how blessed I feel. I know prayers were answered. I know my good husband was watched over and protected. I know he has a lot more work to do while on this earth and it's not his time to check out yet. I know that my Heavenly Father is watching over our family. I felt His kind arms around me in my hour of need. I felt His direction when making phone calls and arrangements to get home so quickly. It all worked out so well. I felt such relief walking into the ICU and seeing my sweetheart after almost 4 weeks of being apart. He's my best friend, best support, best counselor and I look forward to many years of "grandparenthood" together.
I'm open to any and all ideas regarding how to get him to slow down and also how to take some time for himself. We all need to work on our diet and exercise program. Maybe that will be a great family goal for the new year. In the meantime, don't let the men in your life ignore symptoms. Be persistent about getting answers to health issues. Follow up!

It has been a wonderful Sabbath Day. While not all of us made it to church today, we were able to spend a lot of time, on this blustery day, relaxing together with our fireplace glowing, and listening to several sessions of conference again. I am SO grateful for leaders who guide us and speak words of comfort for the perilous times that we live in. We felt so blessed today.

5 comments:

" I Love My Life!" said...

Lisa...
your words touched my heart. Thank you for sharing with us what you feel. It was so wonderful to talk with you today. When I found out what had happened, I felt I could not get to my phone fast enough to call you and check in on you and Rich.
Your right, he has NOT lost his sense of humor, he is so funny!
I love the picture you posted here on your blog of you two. You look amazing and he so handsome.
Keep him down as long as you possibly can! Take his KEYS away!! heehee.
We love you!
Katie Rivera and Family

Amanda said...

I am so glad he is doing better and all is well! What a blessing! So sorry you are going through this right now, but the Lord is looking out for you! Take care!

timpani76 said...

My friend (Liz S.) started a Fitness Blog a few months ago to be accountable for eating healthy and exercise (since she got a life threatening illness, and her doc told her to get healthy, QUICK). I blog every time I work out, some people put down what they eat everyday. You guys want to join too? I could just shoot Liz your e-mail, and she could send you an invite to become one of the co-authors of the blog. E-mail me if you're interested!

Here's the blog link to check it out:

http://letsgetsvelt.blogspot.com/

Renae said...

Wowser! I guess you've seen a bit of hospital rooms lately then? Well, get that man better! Cute baby BTW, love the sun glasses.

" I Love My Life!" said...

Hi Lisa...
I was hoping to call you today to check in on you and Rich. How is he feeling? Did he make it to work on Tuesday like he thought he would?
That lil stinker!
He's always been such a hard worker for his family.
Lets talk soon...email me if you can and let me know how he and you are both doing.
Oh, by the way....Claire is just so pretty! I saw her latest picture on Katies blog...she is just beautiful!
Love you!
Katie