Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy 21st Birthday Katie Anne!

Wow, where did THAT 21 years go?? I remember Katie's birth so well. Katie was born during a leap year and I think she was due about a week before February 29th. None of my kids came early or even close to on time...sure enough, Katie passed right by the 29th and had to be encouraged to come out. But when it was time, it was time and there was NO waiting for any doctor...she was delivered by the nurse! Right from the beginning you can recognize "Katie's Grin"!

Katie and Lindsay spent a fair amount of time learning how to "twirl" their batons. Not too long before this picture was taken, Katie had taken quite a spill on her bike. She was going down a very steep dirt hill and by the time she got home it was a pretty sad sight. But the parade must go on!

Katie Rivera took pictures for Mother's Day one year when I was working with the Primary children. It is one of my favorite pictures of Katie. It is really hard to get a picture of Katie with her eyes w-i-d-e open!

Katie was a trooper on this day! I got the crazy idea that maybe if we hiked up to the "Y" on her due date it might help Claire get on with the process of being born! Was not to be...

Katie has such a wonderful way about her. She is the perfect middle child, doing all she can to make everyone happy. Katie was always kind of quiet, happy to be left alone reading her favorite book...until Chris and Lindsay left home. I will never forget the night she came home from a dance and said, "I am SO tired of everyone asking where Chris and Lindsay are. It is time for the Katie-show!" She has always been one very determined young lady (think FURBY), not one you would ever want to get into an argument with because you would certainly not win! Her determination has transformed her into a happy wife, mother, and successful student.
Recognize that grin? Such a beautiful bride...love this girl. Happy 21st birthday sweetie!

1 comment:

And I Think to Myself.....What a Wonderful World! said...

I had to smile when I saw these pictures Lisa! I can remember so well seeing Katie walking home from school. She always had a book in her hands, her head was down never looking up for a second! I wondered how did she not trip! She was the cutest most well rounded lil girl ever. And now when I see the picture of you and her on her wedding day, oh my you and Rich must be so proud! I love your Kids!
ps~ I remember taking that picture of Katie, that was such fun. I have the same picture of Emily too, wearing those clothes, I Count it as one of my favorites of her. So happy you liked the one I took of your Katie.
She is amazing,...but then again, ALL Your kids are!
Love,
Katie R