Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mamacita y Papacita Travel to Mexico, Part 2

So we were walking down a street somewhere and saw this above what appeared to be a restaurant...Margarita Y Marijuana (?) Some place I definitely (NOT) want to go!
Some of my new friends...these guys were so cute!
One day we took a tour out to Chichen Itza, which is one of the Mayan ruins. It was very, very interesting. This ruin is all about their calendar...I thought it was amazing that they were able to look to the sky and figure it all out. It is kind of funny that I am the only one in the picture. There really were other people there that day.
And last, but not least, another new friend. These iguanas were just running all over the place at Xcaret. At first we wondered if they were real and quickly learned that they were. This is as close as I dared get and will probably ever get to an iguana!
Ah, it was just fantastic to spend time with my best friend! We read books, watched several movies with spanish subtitles, ate whenever and whatever we wanted, did a fair amount of dealing with vendors, and came home with a renewed appreciation for each other and the abundant blessings that we enjoy.



















2 comments:

" I Love My Life!" said...

Its Great you and Rich got to get away! You both deseve it!
I loved what you wrote about your Pillow, I too have my special pillow and trust me, it goes with me too!!
And I must say, thats quite a tan you got there missy!! : )
Katie

Porter Family said...

The Backyardigans did an episode called Chichen Itza pizza, where they go through all the ruins delivering pizza. Probably not the same as actually being there in real life. I'm glad you had fun and I'm glad that it will be 65 degrees on Thursday. Thanks for bringing the warm weather back with you.