Monday, March 16, 2009

Having Fun With the Davis Kids

Just awhile ago I had the opportunity to pay back my dear friend Kim. She had helped to tend to Sarah for the time I was gone when Claire was born. Kim turned 40 last week and her husband planned a big surprise party for her in Las Vegas...and left me in charge of their 5 kiddos! Watch out! I definitely came to the conclusion that it is a good thing I was 10 years younger when all my kids were still home! Ah, but I had a great time. So fun to see life through their eyes...especially the babies, Spencer (3 1/2) and Savannah (2). Every time we came over to our house and I opened the garage door Spencer would exclaim, "Oh, I love that red car!" He'd walk by and gently stroke it...too funny! I think it is kind of like the car in the movie "Cars" and Spencer is a huge "Cars" fan.
Saturday morning we strapped Spencer's car seat in the Corvette and off he went for a ride with "Grandpa". I thought it was a riot that they called me "Lisa", but Rich was "Grandpa"! Spencer would walk in the house and exclaim, "Grandpa, where are you?" I think Rich really enjoyed having a little "guy" around, letting him play with all of his special cars and toys.
McKenna is the oldest and was a HUGE help. She definitely knows how the house is supposed to be run. When I let Emma know that it was totally fine with me if she wore the same dress to school two days in a row, McKenna informed me that her mom would be "freaking out"! We all just laughed at that one. McKenna is a wonderful big sis and great example to her siblings...could not have done it all without her help!
Brooke is on the left. Brooke says the sweetest, most detailed prayers I have ever heard. She is amazing! Emma is in 1st grade and is becoming a wonderful reader. I introduced her to Angelina Ballerina...my girls' favorite books! Of course, we had to make a trip to Bobby's one night...best custard this side of the Mississippi River!
And then there is Savannah. SO stinkin' cute and cuddly, with a head full of curls. Savi was so good, spent a lot of time cuddling with me in bed and I loved it! It was sometimes a challenge to know what she was trying to tell me, but as long as "mine", "this", or "that" (her blankie) was close at hand, we got along just fine.
Here is Spencer at the grocery store. So fun, all of these new little fun things they have for kids to keep them occupied while you shop. Why wasn't it like this when my kids were little? Guess that is what grandkids are for! Anyways, I had a great time with this family. Ken and Kim are doing a great job!

1 comment:

" I Love My Life!" said...

Boy where those kids in great hands with you Lisa! My goodness what a treat for them!
You make things so much fun, its a great gift you have. I loved the picture of Spencer in the red sports car, that was a crack up! Especially how its in his blood that he likes fast red cars!
seems to be a guy thing for sure.
I loved reading about the fun you had....they look like great kids!
Katie R