Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I LOVE Flowers, Especially Tulips!

February 3rd, 2010

I love flowers! I go back and forth between whether I prefer "plants" or cut flowers in an arrangement. "Plants" obviously last much longer and can often be planted outside to be enjoyed again and again, but an arrangement is SO pretty. I was getting a tad bit desperate for something pretty to look at last week and bought these pretty yellow tulips...brightened my day!
We lived for three wonderful years in the beautiful northwest, about an hour and a half north of Seattle, in a town called Bellingham. We came to LOVE Bellingham for more reasons than I could ever list! The county right below Whatcom County is Skagit County, well known for their Annual Tulip Festival. Can you even imagine rows and rows of tulips as far as you could possibly see? It was something we did every year...just drove around visiting all of the beautiful fields in the area. (And occasionally order some tulips for the following year!)
Many thanks to Lindsay for finding this pic! I am SO looking forward to Spring this year. One of my dear friends shared a lot of different flowers last year, mostly lilies. I'm so excited to see them all come to life this year. I love being outside working in the yard, cutting the grass and working in the flower beds. It's been very interesting to see what grows in different parts of the country. Here in the mid-west, as difficult as humidity is to live with, it has an amazing effect on flowers! For instance, in California vincas grow all year long, but in Illinois they expand! One small plant just explodes into a bush. It's really neat! Anyways, I LOVE the miracle that is a flower!

3 comments:

Terra said...

Tulips, Lillies, and Daffodils are tied for my all time favorite flower. Nothing else even comes close

Susan Anderson said...

That field of flowers pic is amazing!

=)

PS. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you liked the poem. =)

LinnieBell said...

LET'S GO!!!!!!! :)

*linds