Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Love My Girls!

February 17th, 2010

I love my girls...what else can I say?? When I was growing up I don't remember any overly grand ambitions, like wanting to be a doctor or scientist. I could see myself in an elementary school classroom. I loved my music, but knew that I would never be a performer. I knew I wanted to go to school and learn all I could, but more than anything I wanted to be Mom...and I wanted to have daughters that I could dress up and put curls and bows in their hair.
Our first pregnancy brought joy and sorrow. Amy Elizabeth was born on October 24th and we
buried her a couple of days later. How grateful I am for the knowledge and peace that the gospel brings, and I know without any doubt that Amy is part of our family...families are indeed forever. Our first son Chris came after Amy. I was just thrilled to have A baby! But in my heart of hearts I continued to wish for another daughter. And I got three! How lucky I am...and I know it! I can't even remember when this picture above was taken, but Sarah's hair doesn't look like it had been cut yet...she had one little curl that I hung on to forever. We must have been in Washington.
This is a much more recent picture...and Claire is one of the girls! (I'm also blessed with a wonderful daughter-in-law, but that comes later!) They are each so different and amazing in their own way. Lindsay is amazingly creative, Katie is my peace-maker and such a good mother, and Sarah is a confident and talented musician. They all love to learn and are wonderful students. And they have so many more incredible attributes. But this scripture defines my feelings best..."I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth...3 John 1:4" That they each have their own testimonies of the Savior and live their lives in accordance with that knowledge is such a blessing to this mother. I'm so glad that they are good friends - so much fun to be with. Love you girls!!