Friday, February 12, 2010

I Love to Run!

February 12th, 2010

I came home this morning and I thought, "I need to get out and go for a run!" So I did, and it sure felt good. It's maybe 30 degrees outside right now, so I bundled up and hit the trail. I'm not sure what it is about running that makes it so appealing...I think it mostly has to do with how you feel afterwards. Unfortunately I am definitely not as young as I used to be and my knees make doing any long distance running out of the picture. However, a good 5 to 7 mile jog does wonders for the mind. I'm thinking the whole time and making mental lists of things I need to take care of when I get back home.

Today was my first experience running in the snow! Most of the trails I go on still had about 2 inches covering parts of the them. That was super fun and super soft...I felt like a little kiddo! However, on my ipod the Beach Boys were playing! Yikes, running in the snow and dreaming about being on the beach...I just kept thinking, "Something is definitely wrong with this picture!" I could definitely use a little beach time right about now!

3 comments:

What the F said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sitdownwithsreejith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
carolyn said...

Wish you would of taken up running sooner. We could of been running parteners when we were neighbors. Oh well, glad you are enjoying your runs!