Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I Love Sweet Baby Claire!

February 23rd, 2010

OK, so we all knew this one was coming! I Love, Love, Love this little human being! I remember how I dreamed of having children one day...I was so excited to be a mommy! I'm quite sure that my desire to be a grandmother way exceeded my original dreams of motherhood. I've been waiting for November 3rd, 2009 and Claire Elizabeth Brewer's arrival for a very long time!
It was such a thrill to be with Katie and Joseph when we saw the first ultrasound and the tech said, "It's a girl!" Looking back at the situation, I so appreciate their willingness to let me enjoy what should probably have been a special moment between just the two of them. It was just all so amazing to me!
And then the arrival of this perfect little 9 lb. package of sweetness...more wonderful than there are words to express! Katie had to work her heart out to get Claire into this world and she had the unending support of a good husband at her side. So proud of both of them!I was super fortunate to see Claire a LOT her first year...and I know that! I remember when my kiddos were little and they were under two and they rode on the airplane free...good times! The pic above was taken at a niece's wedding when Claire was about 6 months old. I saved some of my kiddos clothes, and this sweet little dress had been Katie's. I have a particular fondness for smocking on little dresses - this was one of my favorite dresses that my sister Becky gave me (Katie).
I think that this one was when the kids surprised Rich for Father's Day last year. I found Miss Cabbage Patch at the Goodwill store, cleaned her up, washed her hair, and re-worked some of Sarah's doll clothes. I can't resist taking pictures of babies when they're sleeping...too sweet!
Claire has such a funny, funny personality. So outgoing and inquisitive and daring and determined and...I could go on and on!!
This was taken pretty close to her first birthday.
And so was this one! I found this little antique chair while I was in Pennsylvania with my sister in September. Thought it would be perfect for Claire's first birthday! These little jammies reminded me of the silky nightgowns and robes my girls loved when they were little.
Yep, Miss Personality Plus...her "fishy lips" look!
Katie and Claire came for a visit in January...yahoo! One day we headed to the mall to check out the merry-go-round. Katie wasn't sure Claire would like it. She LOVED it! There's not too much that she's afraid of.
Earlier we had run into Children's Place, just looking around for bargains. This outfit was not a bargain and so we left it behind, but it sure was fun and super cute. She's such a ham! And I love her more than life itself. I can hardly stand it that she lives so far away. How did my mom stand it to have all of her grandkids so far away in so many different places. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it in the future. I do know that I'm so excited to welcome Baby Brewer #2 in August. Yahoo!!