Saturday, February 6, 2010

I Love Listening to the Flute!

February 6th, 2010

I love the piano...no doubt about that. But right up there next to beautiful piano playing is beautiful flute playing. I always wanted to learn how to play the flute and tried my hand at it just a bit. Oh happy day when Sarah chose the flute to learn how to play in 5th grade.
She has stuck with it over the years. I LOVE to hear her play...it does my heart good. I grew up in a home where good music was very much appreciated. I practiced for hours and for the most part enjoyed it quite a bit. However, the one thing that really bugged me (and I'm not sure why that was except for maybe just a little teenage rebellion) is when my mother would say, "Oh, that was so wonderful...please play it one more time!" For whatever reason, I would rarely comply. I would apologize today if I could for that severe lack of gratitude on my part. I now know of the joy that must have brought my parents, not to mention the funds spent on my behalf. Sarah, fortunately, is a little better at complying with requests than I am. It became time recently to upgrade Sarah's flute, and after trying several this is the one she settled on...open holes, gold lip plate, added foot, etc. Oh, and it sounds wonderful, too! Many, many thanks to Heather for sticking with Sarah, in spite of her lack of practice at times...she's a wonderful friend, role model and teacher...and this is one grateful mom!!

No comments: