Saturday, February 13, 2010

I Love the Olympics!

February 13th, 2010

I LOVE the Olympics!
I can remember from being way little looking forward to being able to watch the Olympics. I am quite sure that my favorite winter sport to watch is ice skating. To be able to express your feelings on the ice with music must just be a thrill for the performer. To be able to get your body to do such amazing jumps and twists and turns...all I can think to say is "Wow!"

I watched the Opening Ceremonies of the Vancouver Olympics last night. They were amazing. We were living in Bellingham, WA at the time that Vancouver was announced as the venue for 2010. Ah, we were so close had we stayed. I saw pictures of places that we were familiar with...such a beautiful, beautiful corner of this amazing planet. I pulled out my "Whistler" sweatshirt today...I'll have to wear it a whole bunch these next couple of weeks. I am so looking forward to watching all of the stories of hard work, competition, and ultimate joy unfold. Of course, my heart is sad because of the loss of the athlete yesterday. So sad. Hopefully it will inspire the small nation he was from, and actually all of the athletes, to do their very best.

Canada should be very proud of the production put on last night, but I'm here to say, "Go Team USA!"

No comments: