Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Love My Boys!

February 18th, 2010

I Love My Boys! They have brought an entirely different perspective to my life. Chris was so much fun as a baby...and so good! He was such a boy...loved the trucks, loved to be outdoors. I'll never forget the huge sandbox that we built for him...and the tire swing...and the dogs we had. Marshall is way different than Chris. We had to basically "force" Marshall to try some sports, but he couldn't get enough books. He had an amazing attention span right from the beginning. When I needed an hour to get something done, I could put Marshall down in front of Peter Pan and he wouldn't move an inch...at 9 months old! Later on, entirely on his own, he took up wrestling, which for him was a huge step forward for his confidence and desire to stay physically fit.
Even with their different approaches to life, they have been very good friends. I think they just have this "brotherly" understanding of each other. I loved this picture! I tried to dress my girls alike quite often, but with boys it's a little bit more difficult. But I loved these shirts. Probably a little too big on Marshall, but oh well.
This is a funny picture, especially because baseball season was a miserable experience for Marshall. You wouldn't believe how we cheered for him the day he finally got a hit and got on base...simply amazing. Chris did well in sports, but it certainly wasn't his passion. He is Mr. Computer! And salesman extraordinaire. I am especially happy that both of them have continued to progress in their music skills. Marshall loves his sax and Chris loves the piano.
Love this pic of the boys! So good-looking! Chris has always had crazy straight hair, a funny spot in the front that is always out of control. But otherwise he looks so much like his dad. Marshall, on the other hand, has his dad's hair...pretty darn curly!
Chris worked very hard to prepare himself for a mission. He worked two jobs for quite some time to set aside his portion of the needed funds. He served in the Tennesse Knoxville mission. Chris also earned his Eagle Scout award...his project involved providing a computer system with voice recognition to an assisted living facility. It was an amazing experience for him. Chris started at ITT Tech almost a year ago and I am so proud of how well he is doing. Of course, having Holly at his side encouraging him along, is a huge motivator.
Marshall worked pretty hard at the MTC in Provo for just about his entire freshman year. It would have been pretty sweet to actually go back as a missionary, but instead Marshall headed straight to Brazil for his missionary training experience. Goodness, he's almost been gone 6 months already...hopefully it keeps going as fast as it already has. Marshall's Eagle Scout project involved providing emergency bags for a women's shelter nearby. Another great experience.
I love these guys. They are SO different and yet SO similar. They have such great potential. They love the Savior and were so ready and willing to serve when their calls came. They just make me smile!

No comments: