Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Live in Mid-West...Gotta Love Custard!

February 16th, 2010

I currently live in the area of the country that is referred to as the "mid-west". If you live in the "mid-west" and like something akin to ice cream, you learn to like custard and concretes! Yep, kind of different...but YUMMY! Custard is nice and smooth and creamy and concretes are kind of like super thick shakes...but better. So, in our area we have choices! Annie's is a favorite if we want to go on a bike ride and end up with dessert on the way...cute, little joint that sits on a cute, little corner in cute, little Edwardsville...
And then there's the favorite of most of the Bowerman Family...Bobby's. Bobby's is worth the drive, I guess, and the place is so unbelievably busy from the end of February until some time in November I think. My personal favorite at Bobby's are actually their chocolate covered strawberries.
Last year for Father's Day our family pulled off a little surprise for Rich and most of the Utah group showed up as a surprise...at Bobby's no less! Pretty sweet!
And I know I'm weird, but actually I believe I'm just easy to please. I'm happy with a Culvers custard, which is available all year long...thank goodness! Culvers is a mid-west chain of stores, so you might just be familiar with Culvers.
And my favorite, just in case anyone is wondering, is NOT what is pictured, although that's pretty darn good. I'm a chocolate/marshmallow gal 95% of the time. We used to have some friends that worked at Culvers and I really miss them being there. I could always say, "...and go heavy on the marshmallow creme...ok Alec??!!" And he would do just that!

2 comments:

Elder Raymond (by proxy) said...

We miss being there too! You can still ask them to go heavy on the marshmellow... not quite like Alec would though!

The Real Sugarbear said...

WEIRD? NO WAY. EASY TO PLEASE? UMMM, WELLLL, YEAH. OK.