Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I Love Keeping in Touch!

February 9th, 2010

I've spent just about the WHOLE day keeping in touch. In other words...I'm finally sending out my Christmas cards...which are now almost Valentines! It's not quite as bad as it seems. I was actually waiting for a snow day, which we had today. My card said on it, "Let It Snow", and the letterhead was a snowman, so it only seemed appropriate to wait for the appropriate day to finally mail them out. Besides, I've been just a little busy!

But I really DO love staying in touch, and especially enjoy how easy it is to do that these days. I LOVE the internet and all the possibilities of connection that it provides. I have finally figured out the texting thing and for the most part I think it's great. It's one of those things that can seriously be misused, along with the internet. That will always be a challenge for all of us. I well remember those days early in our marriage when I had to carefully measure out when I would call home. While I was in Hawaii for a semester of school I made one collect phone call home...on my birthday. I was lucky to get a letter every other week or so. Amazing to think how much things have changed. And I, for one, am very happy about that change!

No comments: