Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Love Tennis!

February 11th, 2010

I love, love, love tennis. I love to watch...all levels. Even when I'm playing on one court I find myself losing my concentration because of a point that is going on on another court. So, yep, I love to watch in person and especially on DirectTV (Channel 217!) during the Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon, and the US Open. I don't claim the tv too much, but those weeks I get an overdose of watching tennis.

But it's most fun to actually play. For whatever reason, it is a major stress reliever for me. When I hit that ball just right, it feels so good. And for the most part it is a pretty good work out for me. Have to admit, though, that the best part of tennis is the social aspect. All the ladies that I play with are so much fun! Plenty of us have plenty in common and generally we are all pretty chatty. Is it possible to play some serious tennis, though, and have fun laughing our way through a match at the same time? Absolutely! I do it at least three times a week!

St. Louis has a professional tennis team that plays for about 6 weeks in the summer. Just read today that Lindsay Davenport is going to be part of the St. Louis Aces! Hey, that's fun information. Lindsay has always been a favorite player of mine to watch on the women's side. Who do I like to watch on the men's side...well, that has to be Roger. He's just SO good. I hope he has a great year. I thought at the end of the Australian how cool it would be to have Roger play Serena. Hmmmm...wonder if that would ever happen.

Anyways, tennis certainly helps to keep my spirits up during the dreary winter months here in Edwardsville. We are super blessed with a wonderful YMCA facility that has 5 beautiful indoor courts. I especially love the new paint job. The courts are blue and the surrounding area is now tan. We pretend we are at the ocean and on the sand...anything helps!

No comments: