Sunday, February 7, 2010

Love My Dishwasher!!

February 7th, 2010

We all have heroes. One of my heroes (and I'm not sure if it's a man or a woman) is the person that invented the dishwasher...tend to think it may have been a lady! I think in the next life I will track him/her down and thank them personally.

We've had one of those crazy/busy weekends and no one has taken the time to do the dishes and they were piling up. I haven't named my dishwasher yet, but as I was doing the dishes this evening I thought of the name "Betty"..."Betty Bosch"...what do you think? My mother's nickname was Betty. And I have a Bosch...and I. LOVE. IT. I think there is a disposal of sorts in there and some magical scrubbing element that comes out during the cycle. I can put stuff in there that has sat for days and it comes out clean. And the machine is super quiet, too...quietly goes about doing its business. One of those "behind the scenes" types. I'm sold forevermore! We are so lucky to live in this day and age, with such modern appliances and conveniences. I, for one, am convinced that I would never have made it had I been asked to be a pioneer and cross the plains. Quite sure of it.

2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Betty is the perfect name for a Bosch.

=)

Joseph said...

Josephine Cochran is who invented the dishwasher. just though you would like to know. you were right on, definitely a woman. men wouldn't be smart enough to think of that...

joe